North east is one of the most unexplored paradise of India as the tourism of this area was not developed until last decade. This area is full of exotic natural beauty, unique wildlife, rare diversity, loving people and culture. There are so many beautiful states to visit in north east. Every state is famous in its own sense and is different from every other state. Arunachal pradesh is known as the land of rising sun which is under the Tawang Monastery. Here you will be able to visit Sela Pass which is one of the highest peak of NER and is located in Tawang. You will also witness Large lakes which are situated below this pass and are also known as frozen lakes of himalaya. Another peak that you will find in north east is Gorichen Peak which also provides a breathtaking view and is a famous attraction in Arunachal Pradesh. Meghalaya is a place known as Abode of Clouds. Dawki is the small town which is situated in between the Jaintia hills and is best place for taking pictures. It provides the most iconic views to be witnessed. Umiam lake in Meghalaya is very popular for kayaking, cycling, fishing, Boating and water cycling. It is well known for its excellent sunset views. Here you will also be able see different types of forests which include tropical moist deciduous, subtropical, tropical wet, temperature, Alpine and semi evergreen forest. North East is a very famous region for vegetation as here you can will experience 6 types of cultivation out of 9. Arunachal pradesh is well known for its high diversity in tradition and culture. Largest city of Assam and North East India is Guwahati which is the major hub of tourism in the whole region. Assam is situated on the Brahmaputra River Bank and is the most famous state of north east. Here we will be talking about a very beautiful place to visit in north east, that is, Gangtok.
Places to visit in North east - Gangtok:
Gangtok is the capital city of Sikkim which is headquarter of the east Sikkim and it is located near the eastern himalayan ranges. This town is full of Nepalis, bhutia and lepchas. The temperature of this place is so mild. This place is the centre hub for tourism of Sikkim. Lofty hill is the meaning of name Gangtok.
Top most places to visit in Gangtok are
● Saramsa Garden : it was constructed in 1922 and its purpose is the serve the Gangtok tourism. This garden is situated on the Pakyong road, which is only 14 kilometres away from city center of Gangtok.
● Khangchendzonga national park : Khangchendzonga is ranked as 3rd highest peak of World. It park ia spreaded over 890 square kilometres which consist many glaciers with vast variety of flora and fauna.
● Tsomgo lake : This lake of 3780 metres above the sea level and it is also known as Changu lake. Their you can visit a small shiva temple.
● Ganesh Tok view point : This place is dedicated to the Lord Ganesh which is located 6500 above sea level and offers breathtaking view.
● Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary : it is most popular place where you can large variety of flora and fauna. Yumthang river is also following through this sanctuary.
● Himalayan Zoological Park : This is park is listed at top on highest altitude zoos which was opened in 1958 where you can see endangered species of snow leopard and Red Panda.
Above is given all the information about Gangtok. It is a very beautiful city and must be visited during your trip of north east India. This is all about places to visit in North east - Gangtok.